Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tyga: Careless World Album Review.



“Life without you is like a broken pencil. There is no point.” – Tyga

Review of Tyga, Careless World: Rise of the Last King.

I must confess, when I heard another Young Money artist was releasing an album, I immediately deflated. Between Lil Wayne selling out faster than the new iPads to Nicki Minaj's tasteless rap verses, I was sure Hip-hop was dead for good. The Rap genre was been on a downward slide for years now and its only been getting worse. Lucky for us there's an actually recovery taking place in the rap game. From Hopsin to Black Cobain, I believe there's still hope out there.

Now Enter Tyga.

Careless World's recording took place over a period of three years and it shows. The first song is the title track, which starts with Tyga talking about his rise to kingdom with a mood-setting beat playing in the back. "Faded" is the typical Tyga club song that we're all use to hearing on his usual mix tapes. The next song that jumped out at me was, "Black Crowns" which started out with a sexy hook, perfect for those sunny days with the windows down. The last jump out track was "This Is Like ft. Robin Thicke", which paints a picture of his travels all over the world with his lady.
 

Overall, I was very much impressed by the album and I hope to see Tyga De-throne Lil Wayne for good in the near future.
Bow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment